Community Safety Through Collaboration
The leadership and teams from Safer South Africa Foundation, the Gauteng Department of Education and Tears Foundation took a Pledge, making a firm commitment to implementing meaningful initiatives towards building safer and empowered communities.
By signing the pledge, the leadership teams committed to:
- Uphold the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa
- Abide by the laws of the country
- Respect the rights of others irrespective of age, race, gender or sexual orientation
- Not to rape or commit any form of sexual harassment, abuse or violence
- Report any form of wrongdoing to authorities
- Honour the responsibilities that come with these rights and to be a good citizen
The pledge was signed in Centurion, Pretoria on 14 September 2013.